Exclusive Batik apparels, especially silks, are like treasured investment pieces. The delicate product of art is usually treated with care to maintain the colour and quality of the fabric. Like any other specialty products, specific solvents are usually used to ensure the Batik art on the apparel is carefully preserved. The solvent is made of Lerak seed (or Sapindus rarak de Candole), a special type of seed grown in Indonesia that has been used traditionally as Batik soft detergent. This solvent is not only Batik friendly, but it is environmentally friendly as well.
How to use the solvent?
For Mona Bina Aneka’s 300ml Silk Batik Cleaner:
- Pour 1 capful of lerak detergent into 3 litres of water and mix thoroughly.
- Immerse 3-4 Batik pieces into the water and leave it for 5-10 minutes.
- Stir and shake the apparels gently.
- Rinse with water.
- Squeeze the apparel gently.
- Hang to dry in a shaded place.
- Recycle the laundry water to water plants.
For reference only: